top of page

General Discussion

Public·1 member

Vintage Singer Service

Ok, you have a wonderful vintage sewing machine, now what?


I got a vintage early 1950s Singer that functioned at an estate sale. The machine was in very good condition, and judging by the contents of the sale, I didn’t feel like the person was a big sewer. There was only one pattern for sale, and there was no fabric stash in sight.


I still felt hesitant to go head and use it. Surely it needs oil and belts? I wanted a service tech to look over it just to make sure it is ready to use.


I asked at area quilt shops if their service person would work on these old machines, and I happened to find a store in a nearby city that has a vintage specialty repair person come in once a month. Texas, we have a traveling Singer repairman!


I’ve just dropped my machine off at the store. They charge a base service fee, plus any parts needed.


I feel so much better about having the machine inspected by a pro! I know me and YouTube could have figured out a DIY, but I’m completely new to this, and I have no idea what to look for.


So ask around at your local sewing machine repair places if you are looking for help with your vintage machine.


Good luck!

Holly

13 Views
bottom of page